On September 810, 2013, the Italian Institute of International Affairs and CFR convened the third Council of Councils regional conference: "Europe and the Future of Global Governance."
Participants discussed six major themes:
The European crisis: the eurozone's future and the European Union's role in global governance
The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and the future of international trade
Transformation in the Arab world: the role of regional and global institutions
The BRICS: What contribution do they give to global governance?
The geopolitics of energy: the European case
The future of the Group of Twenty
EVENT DOCUMENTS & LINKS
- Agenda: Council of Councils Rome Regional Conference (PDF)
- Conference Papers: Council of Councils Rome Regional Conference (PDF)
- Rapporteur's Report: Council of Councils Rome Regional Conference (PDF)
- Transcript: Ignazio Visco Governor, Bank of Italy, "The Exit from the Euro Crisis: Opportunities and Challenges of the Banking Union" (PDF)
- Press Release: Ignazio Visco, Governor, Bank of Italy (PDF)
- Press Release: Emma Bonino, Italian Foreign Minister (PDF)