On February 23–25, 2014, the Lowy Institute for International Policy and CFR convened the fifth Council of Councils regional conference, with a focus on the Asia Pacific region.
Participants discussed six major themes:
• How to revitalize the G20: A view from the Australian chair
• How to respond to the global challenge of Iran
• Minilateralism versus multilateralism in Asia
• Maritime security in the Asia Pacific
• The Trans-Pacific Partnership and global trade
• Should there be rules for how states exploit cyberspace?
EVENT DOCUMENTS & LINKS
- Agenda: Council of Councils Sydney Regional Conference Agenda (PDF)
- Conference Papers: Council of Councils Sydney Regional Conference (PDF)
- Rapporteur's Report: Council of Councils Sydney Regional Conference (PDF)
- Transcript: Peter Varghese AO, Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia “Mapping The Future” (PDF)
- Transcript: Richard Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations, “The Post-Cold War World 25 Years On” (PDF)
- In Conversation: CFR President Richard Haass with Lowy Institute Executive Director Michael Fullilove (Video)