- Dates of interviewing: November 8-30, 2008
- Data Collection Method: Stratified-intercept methodology based on personal, face-to-face interviews in Cuba.
- Sample size: 592 Cuban adults (age 18 and older).
- Sample: Interviews were conducted in every Cuban province (14). Los PiŮos Island, a region that is statistically irrelevant and not officially considered a province, was not included.
- The sample was stratified by province, then by sub-units within each province. Interviewees were allocated by gender and age quotas. The final selection of each interviewee was random.
- Respondents: The sample selection for province, gender and age are based on the last available Cuban sensus data, released in 2002.
- Maximum sample margin of error: For entire sample of n=592 respondents Ī four percent for a 95 percent level of confidence.