- BBC Business News
- The Economist: Economics News
In addition to news and analysis, includes economic debates, charts, markets data, and blog posts.
- Financial Times Blogs: Alphaville
- Inter Press Service: Economy and Trade
“Informing readers about the complexities of trade and its varying effects on development, with a special focus on the consequences of the global economic crisis, the potential of fair trade and the gender implications of trade policies.”
"For business people in the new global economy." Articles organized around "around the seismic shifts that are changing the shape of the global economy," such as China's slowdown, energy shocks, Euro crunch, and fiscal cliff.
- Reuters: Economy News
From the Centre for Economic Policy Research: "research-based policy analysis and commentary by leading scholars."
- Wall Street Journal Blogs: Real Time Economics
- World Bank Blog: Prospects for Development
“A forward looking analysis of the global economy”
- Zapaday: Economic Calendar
“Future breaking news”; find upcoming economic reports, meetings, and other dates and news stories important to economic organizations.
- Economics Network: Economic Data
Guide to data freely available on the web
- Financial Data Finder
Search by keywords, sources of data, and type of data (historical, news, research, etc.).
- Bank for International Settlements: Statistics
Various elements of the global financial system: banking, securities, derivatives, exchange rates, debt, payment systems, property prices.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis: Interactive Data
From U.S. Department of Commerce: GDP, fixed assets, industry, international comparisons and transactions.
- Data Market: Finance
Data aggregator and explorer: graphs and charts for currencies, macroeconomic data, interest rates, stock market for multiple countries. Links to data providers and free accounts to track specific topics.
- Economic Report of the President
(1995--present) Annual review of U.S. economy, "using text and extensive data appendices."
- EU: Economy and Finance Statistics
Index to statistics compiled by the U.S. government.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis: Federal Reserve Economic Data
Academic, money, banking & finance, national accounts, labor markets, production, prices, international data, and U.S. regional data.
- IMF: Data
- OECD Frequently Requested Statistics
- OECD: Worldwide Statistical Sources
Official statistics from countries' official banks and international agencies.
- World Bank: Data
Interactive, comparative data by country, topic, indicators. Topics include aid, development, ease of doing business, economic policy, labor policy, poverty, private and public sector
- World Economic Forum: Global Economic Competitiveness Report
- United Nations: Economic Statistics
Includes National Accounts, Trade, Industry, Environmental Accounting.
- Bridges Weekly Trade News Digest
"Global trade news from a sustainable development perspective."
- Census Bureau: Foreign Trade Statistics
- U.N. Conference on Trade and Development: Statistics
Updated news feed, pages of economic trends, exchange rate reports, national accounts, foreign direct investments.
- U.S. International Trade Administration
"Strengthens the competitiveness of U.S. industry, promotes trade and investment, and ensures fair trade through the rigorous enforcement of our trade laws and agreements. ITA works to improve the global business environment and helps U.S. organizations c
- U.S. International Trade Commission
"Implementing U.S. law and contributing to the development of sound and informed U.S. trade policy."
- U.S. Trade Representative
"We negotiate directly with foreign governments to create trade agreements, to resolve disputes, and to participate in global trade policy organizations. We also meet with governments, with business groups, with legislators and with public interest groups
- World Economic Forum: International Trade
- World Trade Organization
Documents, statistics, economic research, and legal texts.