Updated February 17, 2015
- BBC: Economy news
- CNN Money
- The Economist: Economics News
In addition to news and analysis, includes economic debates, charts, markets data, and blog posts.
- Financial Times Blogs: Alphaville
- Insead Knowledge
Analysis and news from international business school
"For business people in the new global economy." Articles organized around "around the seismic shifts that are changing the shape of the global economy," such as China's slowdown, energy shocks, Euro crunch, and fiscal cliff.
- Reuters: Economy News
- Wall Street Journal: Economic news
- Wall Street Journal Blogs: Real Time Economics
- World Bank Blog: Prospects for Development
"A forward looking analysis of the global economy"
- Zapaday: Economic Calendar
"Future breaking news"; find upcoming economic reports, meetings, and other dates and news stories important to economic organizations.
History, Background, and Research Guides
- American Economics Association: Resources for Economists on the Internet
Dictionaries, data sources for both United States and other countries, directory of economic organizations, forecasting, conferences, blogs and commentaries.
- Columbia: Business and Economics Research Guides
Columbia University Library's research guide on business and economics.
Searches books, journals, events, databases, portals, and institutions' websites.
- Economic History Association: EH.net
A website and mailing list to provide resources and promote communication among scholars in economic history and related fields.
- Global Edge
Directory of sources for business knowledge, glossary, and economic evaluation and comparison tools, by trade bloc, country, and industry.
- MIT Libraries: Economics
MIT Library's research guide page on Economics data and statistics.
- National Bureau of Economic Research: Links to Other Resources for Economists
Finding indicators, economic reports, news, people, organizations, and academic institutions.
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
Various projects to make economic research, experts, organizations, and news more findable.
Data, Polls, and Surveys
- Economics Network: Economic Data
Guide to data freely available on the web
- Bank for International Settlements: Statistics
Various elements of the global financial system: banking, securities, derivatives, exchange rates, debt, payment systems, property prices.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis: Interactive Data
From U.S. Department of Commerce: GDP, fixed assets, industry, international comparisons and transactions.
- Economic Report of the President
(1995--present) Annual review of U.S. economy, "using text and extensive data appendices."
- EU: Economy and Finance Statistics
Index to statistics compiled by the U.S. government.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis: Federal Reserve Economic Data
Academic, money, banking & finance, national accounts, labor markets, production, prices, international data, and U.S. regional data.
- IMF: Data
- Luxembourg Income Study Database
Cross-national, harmonized data on income, wealth, employment, and demographics. To use, register for free.
- OECD Frequently Requested Statistics
- OECD: Worldwide Statistical Sources
Official statistics from countries' official banks and international agencies.
- World Bank: Data
Interactive, comparative data by country, topic, indicators. Topics include aid, development, ease of doing business, economic policy, labor policy, poverty, private and public sector
- World Economic Forum: Global Economic Competitiveness Report
- United Nations: Economic Statistics
Includes National Accounts, Trade, Industry, Environmental Accounting.
Speeches and Testimony
Organizations and Government Agencies
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis: Economics Departments, Institutes and Research Centers in the World
International directory for economics organizations and ministries, sortable by country, continent, field areas. Some countries include individual regional and state ministries.
- Bank of International Settlements: Central bank and monetary authority websites
Directory of government financial agencies.
- African Economic Community
Regional Economic Communities and their websites.
- Arab Monetary Fund
Publications, stats, and links to annual reports, central banks for the Arab Monetary Fund.
- Asian Development Bank
- Asia Economic Institute
List of trade organizations in Asia, including Asia Cooperative Dialogue, APEC, ASEAN, Economic Cooperation Organization (goal to establish a single market for goods like the EU), and Trans Pacific Partnership.
Economic bloc of Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa; includes their Joint Statistical Publication from 2010-present
- G20 Information Center
- Gulf Cooperation Council: Economy
Economic agreements and development strategies for Gulf States
- Latin American and Caribbean Economic System (SELA)
- U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- U.S. Department of the Treasury: Office of International Affairs
- U.S. State Department: Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment
- World Bank
Corruption and Bribery
See more in the Research Links page International Business: Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
See more in the Research Links page International Trade and Investment.
- Bridges Weekly Trade News Digest
"Global trade news from a sustainable development perspective."
- Census Bureau: Foreign Trade Statistics
- International Trade Centre
A joint agency of the WTO and the United Nations with the aim of making businesses in developing countries more competitive in global markets, speeding economic development and contributing to the achievement of the UN MDGs.
- U.N. Conference on Trade and Development: Statistics
Updated news feed, pages of economic trends, exchange rate reports, national accounts, foreign direct investments.
- United Nations: International Trade
- U.S. International Trade Administration
"Strengthens the competitiveness of U.S. industry, promotes trade and investment, and ensures fair trade through the rigorous enforcement of our trade laws and agreements. ITA works to improve the global business environment and helps U.S. organizations c
- U.S. International Trade Commission
"Implementing U.S. law and contributing to the development of sound and informed U.S. trade policy."
- U.S. Trade Representative
"We negotiate directly with foreign governments to create trade agreements, to resolve disputes, and to participate in global trade policy organizations. We also meet with governments, with business groups, with legislators and with public interest groups
- World Economic Forum: International Trade
- World Trade Organization
Documents, statistics, economic research, and legal texts.
Sovereign Wealth Funds
See also CFR.org Backgrounder on Sovereign Wealth Funds.