In this issue:
The Global Governance Monitor is a multimedia online tool that maps and evaluates multilateral efforts to tackle the most pressing global problems.
The first component tracks the status and effectiveness of international cooperation on nuclear nonproliferation and features background information on the topic, an interactive map detailing the hot spots of nuclear issues around the world, links to primary and secondary sources for further research, and a host of other materials students will find useful.
New components will be added to the monitor periodically to encompass ten global issue areas, including terrorism, finance, trade, global health, and human rights. Each component will feature:
- a cinematic overview of the challenges posed by the issue
- an interactive timeline tracing the history of international efforts to strengthen the related regime
- an issue brief summarizing the current status of the regime
- a matrix cataloging relevant international treaties, organizations, initiatives, and Security Council resolutions
- an interactive map detailing countries and institutions that are relevant to the discussion
- a resource guide for further information on the topic
To view the monitor, visit www.cfr.org/ggmonitor.