- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: This Week in Energy News
Roundup of top energy news, links to full story
- The Climate Group: news and blogs
Blogs that focus on policies in India, China, and the United States, on sustainable transport, and on smart and clean technologies
- Inside Climate News
Pulitzer prize-winning, non-profit, non-partisan news organization that covers clean energy, carbon energy, nuclear energy and environmental science.
- NASA Global Climate Change News
Articles from NASA on climate change-related issues.
- New York Times: Global Warming & Climate Change
The New York Times' compilation of climate change news.
- Nuclear Power Industry News
Reports and news on nuclear power industry suppliers, utilities, companies, organizations, and technology.
- Planet Ark: Reuters World Environment News
International environmental news, local stories,and green developments
- Resilience (formerly Energy Bulletin)
Articles and reviews of reports and books on peak oil and energy and the depletion of other resources
- World Energy News
News on oil and gas, renewables, technology, legislation
- Yale Environment 360
Daily digest of major environmental news; opinion, analysis, reporting, and debate by scientists, journalists, environmentalists, academics, policy makers, and business people
- American Institute of Physics: Discovery of Global Warming
History of climate change science
- Atlas of Population and Environment
Produced by American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2001, analyzes the relationships between human population and the environment, includes graphs and maps
- Climate Action Network: Introductory Resources
Foundational treaties, climate change guide to the basics, glossaries
- Climate Institute: Resources
Background information, international updates, campus greening information, games, maps/images...to enhance visitors' understanding of climate change
- Center for International Environmental Law: Human Rights and the Environment
Collected legal materials on major cases and laws (2014); a primer on concerns and declarations, petitions, resolutions (updated 2013)
- The Chronicle: Climate Change Research Heats Up, 1987-2011
Chart showing increase in scientific papers discussing climate change
- CO2 Science
Weekly round up of journal reviews, historical global temperatures, major climate reports
- Encyclopedia of Earth
Entries on individual resources and wildlife, biodiversity, disasters, geography, health, mining, people, society, weather
- Global Climate Change Research: Glossary
Scientific focused backgrounder on climate change
International and environmental law and transnational litigation; topics include multilateral convention sources, oceans, climate, biodiversity and biosafety, nuclear, and toxics
(Last updated 2009, use for historical information) summaries of international scientific reports on health and environment; includes glossary
- The Library Network: Climate Change Research Guide
Research guide on climate change with a Climate Change Knowledge Portal and scholarly articles.
- Natural Resources Defense Council
Fact sheets, maps, news on global warming, energy, air, water, food, wildlands and wildlife, health, nuclear issues, sustainable communities, international issues, transportation
- University of Chicago's Climate Change Research Guide
Research guide on climate change with information on government agencies, international organizations, international agreements, and primary documents.
- BP: Statistical Review of World Energy
1951-2014; reserves, production, markets
- Climate Action Tracker
Tracking the emission commitments and actions of countries
- Data.gov: Climate
Data and resources related to coastal flooding, sea level rise, and their impacts.
Searches across international environmental datasets
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Data Finder
Chemical risks and conditions of the environment, by states and nationally.
- International Energy Agency: Statistics
Energy prices, energy balances, monthly oil, electricity, and gas data
- OECD Statistics
CO2 emissions, electricity generation, energy supply (renewables, nuclear, oil) and prices, resource and wildlife security, waste
- NASA: Climate Change Vital Signs
- NASA: Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC)
Focuses on human interactions in the environment; find status data for environmental treaties and treaty text.
- Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment: Public Opinion Research
"Examining beliefs and attitudes regarding environmental problems, policies and solutions and how these attitudes influence political behavior."
- UN Data
See energy, environment, or food and agriculture databases
- UN Global Environment Outlook
Includes Environmental Data Explorer
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Energy Security Risk Index
Trends from 1970 to 2012 and predicted 2013-2040; U.S. and international energy markets
- U.S. Department of Energy: SciTech Connect
Formerly Energy Citations Database: includes citations to report literature, conference papers, journal articles, books, dissertations, and patents. Topics: chemistry, physics, materials, environmental science, geology, engineering, mathematics, etc
- U.S. Energy Information Administration: Data
Energy chronology, monthly energy review (both U.S. and international data)
- World Bank Data
Natural resources and wildlife, emissions and pollution, energy production, access, price, and consumption
- Columbia Law School: Resources on Litigation and Regulation
- DOE: Climate Action Plan
Information on the DOE's efforts to lead initiatives and support interagency efforts that cut carbon pollution, augment resilience and preparedness in the face of climate impacts, and strengthen international partnerships addressing the issue.
- Environmental Performance Index
From Yale: how well countries perform on high-priority environmental issues in two broad policy areas: protection of human health from environmental harm and protection of ecosystems.
- Environmental Treaties and Resource Indicators (ENTRI)
Multilateral environmental treaty data. Find status data for environmental treaties, treaty text
- EPA: Climate Change
Information on what the EPA is doing about climate change.
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI)
Global coalition of governments, companies, and civil society working to improve openness and accountable management of revenues from natural resources
- Harvard Project on Climate Agreements
- U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP)
Founded by a 1990 act, thirteen government agencies from cross-cutting disciplines study, educate, and plan for effects of climate change, make accessible the science and data, and coordinate internationally. Links to related federal efforts.
- The White House: Climate Change
Information on the steps that the Obama Administration has taken to to reduce the harmful emissions that contribute to climate change and pollute the water and air.
- USAID: Global Climate Change Initiative
Information on USAID's Global Climate Change Initiative which is the U.S. commitment to work with international partners to foster low-carbon growth, reduce emissions from deforestation, and promote sustainable and resilient societies.