Iraq War (2003-2011)
Updated November 13, 2014
Iraq Research Links are divided into:
Includes alternative press resources.
News and Reports From the U.S. Government
Country Background, Research Guides, and Timelines
See also CFR.org Interactive Timeline Iraq War. Speech excerpts and other documents related to major events from 2002 to 2005 can be found in the Primary Sources Iraq Timelines.
Data and Costs
- Brookings Institution: Iraq Index -- Tracking Reconstruction and Security in Post-Saddam Iraq
Statistical compilation of economic, public opinion, and security data.
- Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
An independent, nonprofit public policy research institute that performs in-depth strategic and budgetary analyses; saved search for "Iraq".
- Congressional Research Service: Foreign Contributions to Post-War Iraq
An archived list of all completed audits performed by SIGIR.
- Costs of War
A comprehensive analysis of the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan which analyzes the implications of these wars in terms of human casualties, economic costs, and civil liberties.
- iCasualities: Iraq Coalition
A list of casualties in Iraq from 2003 until present, broken down into different categories.
- Iraq Body Count
"31,407 database entries from the beginning of the war to 15 Nov 2013." Incidents, individuals
- National Priorities Project: Iraq War
Non-partisan, non-profit organization that makes the US federal budget transparent and accessible; breakdown of US spending during Iraq war.
- UNDP: Human Development Report for Iraq
UNDP Human development data for Iraq.
- USAID: Iraq Dollars to Results
Data on the results of USAID's spending in Iraq, available for 2011 and 2012.
- World Bank: Global Governance Indicators - Iraq Country Data Report
Resources and Research Bibliographies