Democracy and Human Rights
Updated September 11, 2014
With the Universal Declaration of the Human Rights in 1948, the international community committed to prevent future mass atrocities and violations of human rights. Democracy and Human Rights Research Links are divided into:
History, Background, and Research Guides
- Human and Constitutional Rights (Columbia Law School)
Documents on human rights, international and regional; regional organizations and websites.
- Human Rights Library
- HuriSearch: Human Rights Search Engine
Search over 3000 human rights websites.
- International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
“Information databases on different areas of democracy and elections worldwide” includes data and statistics, partnership projects, networks, interactive data
- Project Diana: Human Rights Cases
Yale Law School
- National Endowment for Democracy: Democracy Research Guide
Reading lists, websites, journals that cover various aspects of democracy, such as Civic Education, Conflict Resolution, Elections, Rule of Law, and Women's Issues.
Data, Polls, and Surveys
Includes country assessments.
Organizations and Institutes