The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) has launched a free iPhone app offering users direct access to the organization's timely resources on U.S. foreign policy, national security, and international economics. They include
• daily briefings with international news makers and foreign policy experts in both text and video format;
- primers on hot-button issues;
- the latest posts from CFR's thirteen expert blogs on a range of issues and regions such as Africa, Latin America, geoeconomics, and conflict prevention;
- full-length videos of recent CFR events; and
- commentary and analysis from more than seventy-five CFR scholars.
"We are delighted to offer a new and more convenient way to browse our resources," explains CFR President Richard N. Haass. "We hope that this app helps both experts and the foreign policy curious stay on top of the complex issues of our day."
CFR's mobile presence also includes the Foreign Affairs iPad app, and three editions on Currents, Google's social magazine app: CFR Daily, CFR Blogs, and Foreign Affairs. Both the iPhone and iPad apps can be downloaded from iTunes or the App Store. The Currents editions can be downloaded from Google Play, iTunes, and the App Store.
CFR publications, including Council Special Reports and Independent Task Force reports, are available for purchase as ebooks for the Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, Apple iPad, and Sony Reader. Foreign Affairs is also available on these platforms, and CFR's fifteen blogs are available on the Kindle.