Board of Advisors
The Board of Advisors consists of a select group of leading foreign policy generalists, including former senior government officials. Members of the Board of Advisors provide general feedback and critiques, but are not asked to endorse the final report.
Richard N. Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations, and Strobe Talbott, president of the Brookings Institution, are co-chairs of the Board of Advisors.
- Odeh Aburdene is the President of OAI Advisors, an advisory firm providing investment, economic, business, and energy expertise on the Middle East.
- Samuel “Sandy” Berger is chairman of Stonebridge International, an international advisory firm. He served as the United States National Security Advisor under President Bill Clinton from 1997 to 2001.
Timothy C. Collins
- Timothy C. Collins is the Founder, Senior Managing Director, and Chief Executive Officer of Ripplewood Holdings LLC.
Martin J. Gross
- Martin J. Gross is the Founder and President of Sandalwood Securities Inc. Prior to his career in investment management, Mr. Gross practiced tax and corporate law in New York City, and worked in the corporate finance department of L.F. Rothschild, Unterberg, Towbin.
Richard N. Haass
- Richard N. Haass is President of the Council on Foreign Relations. Prior to this, he was Director of Policy Planning for the U.S. Department of State (2001-2003) and served as Special Assistant to President George H. W. Bush and Senior Director for Near East and South Asian affairs on the staff of the National Security Council (1989-1993).
- Rita Hauser is President of The Hauser Foundation and Counsel to the New York City law firm, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan. Dr. Hauser was appointed by President George W. Bush to the President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board and to the President’s Intelligence Oversight Board.
Stephen B. Heintz
- Stephen B. Heintz is president of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. Mr. Heintz has held top leadership positions in both the nonprofit and public sectors. Prior to joining RBF, Mr. Heintz was Founding President of Demos: A Network for Ideas & Action. Mr. Heintz has also served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the EastWest Institute (EWI) and as a policy analyst and cabinet official in the State of Connecticut
- Robert K. Lifton is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Medis Technologies.
- Jami Miscik is the former Deputy Director for Intelligence at the Central Intelligence Agency, and currently is the Managing Director, Global Head of Sovereign Risk at Lehman Brothers.
- Hassan Nemazee is Chairman and CEO of Nemazee Capital Corporation, a holdings company that invests in both public and private companies.
- Brent Scowcroft is President and Founder of The Scowcroft Group. He served as the National Security Advisor to both Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush.
- Jay Snyder is the President of HBJ Investments LLC.
- Joan Spero is President of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation. She served as Undersecretary of State for Economic, Business and Agricultural Affairs from 1993 to 1997.
- Strobe Talbott is President of the Brookings Institution. He was the Deputy Secretary of State from 1993 until 2001.
- Ezra Zilkha is President of Zilkha & Sons, Inc., a private investment company. He is a trustee of the American Society of the French Legion of Honor, trustee emeritus of Wesleyan University, and an honorary trustee of the Brookings Institution.
- Roy Zuckerberg is Chairman and Founding Principal of Samson Capital Advisors LLC.