Iraq and Afghanistan Veteran's Association (IAVA) conducts a yearly survey to understand the "challenges and opportunities of [veterans'] day-to-day lives" and how the organization can better address their needs.
2013 findings include:
- 45% of respondents know an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran who has attempted suicide
- 42% of respondents or their dependents are either using or have used their GI Bill benefits
- 80% of respondents believe that Congress does not listen enough to Iraq and Afghanistan veterans
- 66% of respondents believe that the President does not listen enough to Iraq and Afghanistan veterans
- 62% of female respondents do not have a positive view of the VA's care and treatment of female veterans