The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) released its TEL Strategic Action Plan: 2010 – 2015 at the 8th Ministerial Meeting on Telecommunications and Information Industry in Japan on October 30-31, 2010.
The introduction states, "Since APEC's inception, Leaders and Ministers have recognized the important role that ICT plays in fostering economic growth and in achieving the overarching APEC objectives of trade and investment liberalization, business facilitation and, economic and technical cooperation.
To achieve these objectives, APEC TEL will focus on the following five priorities:
• Develop ICT to Promote New Growth
• Enhance Socio-Economic Activities through the Use of ICT
• Promote a Safe and Trusted ICT Environment
• Promote Regional Economic Integration;
• Strengthen Cooperation in the ICT Sector".