We are hiring an intern for the CFR Africa program in NYC for the fall semester. If you are interested, please click here to apply.
Here’s the listing:
The Council has an internship available in the Studies Department. The intern will report to a Senior Fellow who specializes in Africa Policy Studies and will help to organize and run the daily activities of the office and participate in research as needed.
The main responsibilities of the intern will include:
* Conducting basic research, copy editing and fact-checking op-ed pieces, articles, books and speeches on foreign policy issues.
* Assisting with coordination of events including arranging mailings, corresponding with speakers and presiders, booking travel, preparing vouchers, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing other logistical support.
* Attending general Council meetings and other programs on foreign policy issues, as time permits.
* Pursuing BA (Master’s preferred) with an educational concentration in International Relations or a related field
* Proven interest and understanding of African Policy issues
* Strong research, writing, editing and administrative skills
* Excellent follow-through skills
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail and proofreading ability
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and database skills
CFR internships are unpaid. A modest stipend is offered upon completion of the internship.
Please mail or fax a resume, cover letter and two writing samples INCLUDING POSITION NAME, DAYS AND TIMES AVAILABLE TO WORK to the Human Resource Office at the above address. The Council on Foreign Relations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Quality, diversity and balance are the key objectives sought by the Council on Foreign Relations in the composition of its workforce.
Council on Foreign Relations
Human Resources Office
58 E. 68th St., NY, NY 10065
FAX +1 212.434.9893