The CFR Africa program is looking for an intern. Please follow instructions in the advertisement to apply.
The main responsibilities of the intern will include:
- Conducting basic research, copy editing and fact-checking op-ed pieces, articles, books and speeches on foreign policy issues.
- Assisting with administrative tasks and coordination of events including arranging mailings, corresponding with speakers and presiders, booking travel, preparing vouchers, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing other logistical support.
- Attending general Council meetings and other programs on foreign policy issues, as time permits.
- Pursuing BA (Master’s preferred) with an educational concentration in International Relations or a related field
- Proven interest and understanding of African Policy issues
- Strong research, writing, editing and administrative skills
- Excellent follow-through skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and database skills
A modest stipend is offered upon completion of the internship.
Please mail or fax a resume, cover letter and two writing samples INCLUDING POSITION NAME, DAYS AND TIMES AVAILABLE TO WORK to the Human Resource Office at the above address. The Council on Foreign Relations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Quality, diversity and balance are the key objectives sought by the Council on Foreign Relations in the composition of its workforce.
Council on Foreign Relations
Human Resources Office
58 E. 68th St., NY, NY 10065
FAX +1 212.434.9893