Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 1 to April 7, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week – March 31: Boko Haram killed three and abducted "scores" (estimated at forty) in Damboa, Borno)
- April 1: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Ife North, Osun.
- April 2: Two Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno.
- April 2: Two Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Jere, Borno.
- April 2: Sectarian violence led to ten deaths in Odukpani, Cross River.
- April 2: Sectarian violence led to fifteen deaths in Kwande, Benue.
- April 5: Boko Haram killed seven in Maiduguri, Borno.
- April 6: Boko Haram killed four soldiers in Dikwa, Borno.