Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 2, to April 8, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 2: Police killed five robbers in Zaki, Bauchi.
- April 3: Nigerian troops killed thirty Boko Haram insurgents in Biu, Borno.
- April 3: Cult clashes in Ilorin, Kwara resulted in the deaths of four.
- April 3: Boko Haram killed three soldiers and two CJTF members in Gwoza, Borno.
- April 5: Gunmen kidnapped a Lebanese man and killed two soldiers in Nembe, Bayelsa.
- April 5: Cult clashes resulted in the deaths of eight in Emuoha, Rivers.
- April 8: Five suicide bombers were shot and killed before they could detonate in Jere, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.