Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 23, to April 29, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 23: A cult clash in Oturkpo, Benue led to the deaths of seven.
- April 24: Sectarian violence in Obubra, Cross River led to the deaths of "dozens" (estimated at twenty-four).
- April 24 Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram insurgents in Gwoza, Borno.
- April 25: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of fifteen in Uzo Uwani, Enugu.
- April 25: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram insurgents in Kukawa, Borno.
- April 26: Suspected Fulani herdsmen kidnapped eight people and killed two in Ukwuani, Delta.
- April 27: Gunmen kidnapped a Senator in Egbado North, Ogun.
- April 29: Gunmen kidnapped five in Esit Eket, Akwa Ibom.