Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 30, to May 6, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 30: Suspected cultists killed nineteen in Ahoada East, Rivers.
- May 1: Nigerian troops killed nine Boko Haram militants in Kala/Balge, Borno.
- May 1: Six civilians were killed during a clash between customs officials and smugglers in Egbado South, Ogun.
- May 1: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of twenty in Nasarawa, Nasarawa.
- May 2: Nigerian troops killed four pirates in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- May 4: Nigerian troops killed eighteen cattle rustlers in Maru, Zamfara.
- May 4: Militants calling themselves the "Niger Delta Avengers" blew up a Chevron oil platform in Warri North, Delta.