Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 7 to April 13, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 7: Suspected herdsmen killed four in Bali, Taraba.
- April 7: Nigerian troops rescued 149 and killed 3 Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- April 7: Nigerian troops killed two would-be suicide bombers in Konduga, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- April 7: Tiv farmers killed eleven herdsmen in Guma, Benue.
- April 8: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed himself but not others at the University of Maiduguri in Maiduguri, Borno.
- April 8: Herdsmen killed seven in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- April 8: Herdsmen killed five in Obi, Nasarawa.
- April 8: Herdsmen killed four in Keana, Nasarawa.
- April 8: A cult clash resulted in six deaths in Ijebu North, Ogun.
- April 10: Suspected herdsmen killed eight in Ukum, Benue.
- April 10: Suspected herdsmen killed seven in Logo, Benue.
- April 11: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- April 11: Suspected herdsmen killed forty-eight and lost three of their own in Wukari, Taraba.
- April 11: Suspected herdsmen killed three in Logo, Benue.
- April 11: Bandits killed "scores" (est. at forty) in Anka, Zamfara.
- April 12: Bandits killed two policemen and kidnapped twenty-one others in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.