Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 9, to April 15, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 10: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of fifteen in Gashaka, Taraba.
- April 11: Pirates kidnapped six Turkish crewmembers from a ship off the coast of Rivers.
- April 11: Pirates kidnapped one Egyptian and one Filipino from a ship off the coast of Lagos.
- April 11: Police killed two students during a protest in Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- April 11: Nigerian troops killed twenty-two Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- April 11: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of forty-four in Bali, Taraba.
- April 11: A reporter was kidnapped in Owerri, Imo.
- April 14: Sectarian violence led to "scores" of deaths (estimated at forty) in Makurdi, Benue.