Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 17 to 23, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 17: Sectarian violence led to nine deaths in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- August 18: Bandits killed thirteen in Danmusa, Katsina.
- August 18: Gunmen killed eight in Khana, Rivers.
- August 18: Boko Haram killed four Nigerian soldiers in Dikwa, Borno.
- August 18: Bandits kidnapped six in Safana, Katsina.
- August 18: Bandits killed four in Jibia, Katsina.
- August 18: Gunmen abducted ten in Chikun, Kaduna.
- August 20: Gunmen abducted four in Chikun, Kaduna.
- August 20: Robbers killed three policemen and one civilian in Akwanga, Nassarawa.
- August 21: Boko Haram killed "scores" (estimated at forty) in Gubio and Magumeri LGAs of Borno.
- August 22: Kidnappers abducted three in Udi, Enugu.
- August 22: Gunmen killed five in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- August 22: The Nigerian Air Force killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- August 23: Boko Haram killed twelve in Diffa, Niger.
- August 23: Kidnappers abducted seven in Kaduna North, Kaduna.
- August 23: The Nigerian Air Force killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.