Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 20, 2016 to August 26, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
*Last week, August 19: Nigerian troops killed 300 Boko Haram militants in Abadam, Borno.
- August 20: Boko Haram killed eleven and kidnapped thirteen in Damboa, Borno.
- August 21: A suicide bomber killed himself and three others in Mora, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- August 21: Boko Haram burned down a village in Askira/Uba, Borno. There were no casualties.
- August 21: Fulani herdsmen killed three in Jema’a, Kaduna.
- August 22: A mob killed eight over charges of blasphemy in Talata Mafara, Zamfara.
- August 23: Gunmen killed four in Lagos Mainland, Lagos.
- August 24: Gunmen killed one in Enugu South, Enugu.
- August 25: Fulani herdsmen killed one in Nkanu West, Enugu.