Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 22, 2015 to August 28, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 22: Sectarian violence in Gassol, Taraba, resulted in seven deaths.
- August 22: Sectarian violence in Barkin Ladi, Plateau, resulted in two deaths.
- August 23: Boko Haram ambushed the Nigerian chief of army staff’s convoy in Dikwa, Borno, killing one soldier. Ten insurgents were also killed.
- August 25: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and six others in Damaturu, Yobe. Boko Haram is suspected.
- August 25: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and one soldier in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- August 26: Two suicide bombers attacked a Chadian army camp in Kaiga Ngouboua, Chad, killing only themselves. Boko Haram is suspected.
- August 26: Pirates abducted three in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- August 26: Boko Haram killed one Nigerien soldier and two others in Abadam, Niger.