Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 25 to August 31, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 25: Robbers killed two in Jos East, Plateau.
- August 25: The Nigerian Air Force killed "several" (estimated at five) bandits in Birnin Magaji/Kyaw, Zamfara.
- August 26: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- August 28: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Dikwa, Borno.
- August 28: Gunmen killed an ex-councilor in Okpe, Delta.
- August 29: Suspected Fulani herdsmen killed eight in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- August 29: A mob killed a policeman in Lagos State, Lagos.
- August 30: Gunmen abducted one in Calabar Municipal, Cross River.
- August 30: Boko Haram killed forty-eight Nigerian soldiers in Guzamala, Borno.
- August 31: Nigerian troops killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Guzamala, Borno.