Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 26 to September 1, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 26: Security forces killed three, including a ten-year old boy, during a protest in Owerri, Imo.
- August 27: Gunmen abducted five in Akoko South-West, Ondo.
- August 28: Gunmen abducted twelve from a bus in Emuoha, Rivers.
- August 28: Militants killed four soldiers and one civilian in Ekeremor, Bayelsa.
- August 29: Boko Haram kidnapped five in Dikwa, Borno.
- August 29: Boko Haram kidnapped four and killed one in Konduga, Borno.
- August 30: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram leaders in an unspecified location.
- August 31: Boko Haram killed eighteen and abducted "many" (est. at ten) in Bama, Borno.