- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 28, 2015 to September 4, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week August 25 and August 27: Boko Haram killed twenty-four in Damboa, Borno on the 25th and four more in the same area on the 27th)
- August 28: Boko Haram killed sixty-eight in Nganzai, Borno.
- August 29: Boko Haram killed four in Nganzai, Borno.
- August 30: Boko Haram killed seven in Gwoza, Borno.
- August 31: Boko Haram killed twenty-six in Damboa, Borno.
- August 31: Boko Haram killed "dozens" (estimated at twenty-four) in Gwoza, Borno.
- September 2: Boko Haram killed five in Konduga, Borno.
- September 3: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and seventeen others in Kerawa, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- September 4: Gunmen kidnapped a monarch in Yenagoa, Bayelsa.