Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 4 to August 10, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 4: Nigerian soldiers killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of herdsmen in Guma, Benue.
- August 4: Sectarian violence led to six deaths in Lau, Taraba.
- August 5: Five suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- August 5: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Konduga, Borno.
- August 6: Boko Haram killed seven in Maiduguri, Borno.
- August 6: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram militants in Guzamala, Borno.
- August 7: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Yola South, Adamawa.
- August 8: Boko Haram killed seventeen soldiers and National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) agents in Mobbar, Borno.
- August 9: Robbers killed one policeman and eight others, while the police killed three robbers in Akoko-Edo, Edo.
- August 10: Gunmen killed twelve in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- August 10: Gunmen killed an APC chieftain and two others in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti.
- August 10: Gunmen abducted eighteen on the road in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- August 10: Gunmen killed one policeman and one other, and abducted "some" (estimated at five) in Owan West, Edo.