Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 24, 2016 to December 30, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 24: Suspected cultists killed eight in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.
- December 25: A suicide bomber killed himself and two others in Mora, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- December 25: Suspected Fulani herdsmen killed eleven in Jema’a, Kaduna.
- December 25: Unknown gunmen killed five in Aniocha North, Delta.
- December 26: One suicide bomber detonated and killed herself but no others; and a second suicide bomber was subsequently lynched by a mob in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- December 28: Gunmen attacked an All Progressives Congress chieftain, killing one in Ibi, Taraba.
- December 30: Nigerian troops killed fifteen Boko Haram militants in Kala/Balge, Borno.