Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 25 to December 31, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 25: Bandits abducted five in Zaria, Kaduna.
- December 25: Kidnappers abducted two in Gboyin, Ekiti.
- December 25: Kidnappers abducted one police officer in Mayo-Belwa, Adamawa.
- December 25: Gunmen killed one in Dekina, Kogi.
- December 26: Bandits killed ten and kidnapped thirty-four in Gusau, Zamfara.
- December 26: Kidnappers abducted a Plateau monarch in Mangu, Plateau.
- December 26: The Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) killed ten soldiers and children (estimated at five each), while troops foiled the attack and killed seven militants in Gujba, Yobe.
- December 27: Herdsmen kidnapped seven in Isi-Uzo, Enugu.
- December 28: Bandits killed five and kidnapped "many" (estimated at ten) in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- December 29: Gunmen killed one police officer and kidnapped another in Ihiala, Anambra.
- December 29: Twenty-two Boko Haram/ISWA militants and six soldiers were killed during a clash in Abadam, Borno.
- December 30: Robbers killed three civilians and police officers killed two of the robbers in Udu, Delta.
- December 30: Kidnappers killed one and kidnapped one in Ethiope East, Delta.
- December 30: Soldiers killed six civilians in Orlu, Imo.
- December 31: Bandits kidnapped three in Gusau, Zamfara.
- December 31: The Nigerian Navy killed ten kidnappers in Onitsha, Anambra.
- December 31: Police officers killed one bandit in Igabi, Kaduna.
- December 31: Airstrikes killed "many" (estimated at twenty) bandits in Birnin-Magaji, Zamfara.