Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 26, 2015 to January 1, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- Last Week (December 25): Boko Haram killed sixteen and abducted six in Biu, Borno.
- December 27: Nigerian troops repelled a Boko Haram attack in Maiduguri, Borno, killing ten insurgents.
- December 28: A bomb at a mosque and two suicide bombers killed a total of fifty-two people in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- December 28: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and twenty-eight others in Madagali, Adamawa. Boko Haram is suspected.
- December 28: Two suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Bodo, Cameroon.