- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 6 to December 12, 2014. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- December 6: Unknown gunmen attacked Minna prison in Niger State, freeing two hundred prisoners.
- December 7: Electoral violence erupted at the APC House of Representatives primaries in Kwami, Gombe.
- December 8: Electoral violence also occurred at the APC Ogun senatorial primaries, which ended in gunshots. There were no casualties.
- December 8 (exact date unknown): The Nigerian military killed seven members of Boko Haram in Hong, Adamawa and twnety in the Balmo Forest (estimated location is Darazo, Borno).
- December 10: Two suspected Boko Haram female suicide bombers killed themselves and five others in a market in Kano. They had been targeting a nearby bank but were barred from entering.
- December 10: Boko Haram killed nineteen in Magumeri, Borno.
- December 11: Two suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves and approximately thirty-eight others in a market attack in Jos.
- December 11: The Cameroonian military killed 180 Boko Haram insurgents in Amchide, Cameroon.