Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 10 to February 16, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, February 9: Soldiers killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Gubio, Yobe)
- February 10: Herdsmen killed at least two policemen (two are still missing) in Logo, Benue.
- February 10: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Bassa, Plateau.
- February 11: Suspected herdsmen killed four in Jema'a, Kaduna.
- February 12: Suspected herdsmen killed two civil defense officers in Guma, Benue.
- February 13: Kidnappers abducted a People's Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain in Ikara, Kaduna.
- February 14: Bandits killed forty-one in Zumi, Zamfara.
- February 15-16: A cult clash resulted in five deaths in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- February 16: Three suicide bombers killed themselves and nineteen others in Konduga, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.