Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 18 to February 24, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- February 18: Cattle rustlers killed "dozens" (estimated at twenty-four) in Chafe, Zamfara.
- February 19: Sectarian violence led to nine deaths in in Jema’a, Kaduna
- February 19: Boko Haram killed four in Askira/Uba, Borno.
- February 20: Sectarian violence led to seventeen deaths in Kaura, Kaduna.
- February 22: Two Germans were kidnapped in Kagarko, Kaduna.
- February 22: Suspected Boko Haram terrorists killed fifteen Nigerien soldiers in Tilwa, Niger.
- February 22: Boko Haram killed seven soldiers in Maiduguri, Borno, but the army retaliated, killing "scores" (estimated at forty) Boko Haram militants.
- February 22: A suicide bomber killed himself and one other in Amchide, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.