Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 4 to February 10, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- February 5: Sectarian violence led to nine deaths in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
- February 6: Gunmen kidnapped six traders in Okene, Kogi.
- February 6: Suspected Boko Haram terrorists killed two in Damaturu, Yobe.
- February 7: Nigerian troops killed one would-be suicide bomber and arrested another in Maiduguri, Borno.
- February 7: Pirates kidnapped eight off the coast of Brass, Bayelsa.
- February 8: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Uhunmwonde, Edo.
- February 9: Nigerian troops killed thirty Boko Haram insurgents and lost seven of their own in Dikwa, Borno. Boko Haram also kidnapped one of the soldiers.
- February 9: Boko Haram killed one and abducted one boy in Chibok, Borno.
- February 10: Gunmen attacked a police station in Okehi, Kogi, killing two policemen and two others.
- February 10: Boko Haram killed eight Nigerian soldiers in Mafa, Borno.