Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 17, 2015 to January 23, 2015. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 18: A suicide bombing took place in Potskium, Yobe. Five people were killed including the bomber. Boko Haram is suspected.
- January 18: Boko Haram killed three and kidnapped eighty in Tourou, Cameroon.
- January 18: Soldiers repelled Boko Haram attacks on Gombi and Hong in Adamawa. Six died in Gombi while three died in Hong.
- January 20: Buhari supporters stoned Goodluck Jonathan’s convoy in Katsina. There were no casualties.
- January 21: Gunmen attacked the All Progressives Congress (APC) secretariat in Ado Ekiti. There were no casualties.
- January 21: Thugs attacked Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign train in Kano. There was one casualty.
- January 22: Sectarian violence was reported in Wukari, Taraba. Eleven died as a result.
- January 23: Youths attacked Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign in Bauchi. In suspected retaliation, thugs torched an APC campaign office in Bauchi. There were no casualties from either attack.