Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from to January 2, to January 8, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 2: Boko Haram killed two in Mozogo, Cameroon.
- January 3: Boko Haram killed twelve in Nasarawa, Nasarawa.
- January 4: Gunmen kidnapped the wife of a Super Eagles player in Warri, Delta.
- January 5: Boko Haram killed twenty-five in Gwoza, Borno.
- January 6: Robbers killed a policeman and one other in Ekiti West, Ekiti.
- January 6: A policeman killed a civilian in Aba, Abia.
- January 7: A bomb exploded in the Bayelsa Speaker’s home in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa but there were no casualties.