Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 20 to January 26, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 20: Kidnappers abducted three in Munya, Niger.
- January 21: Sectarian violence led to six deaths in Numan, Adamawa.
- January 21: Four were killed in a cult clash in Oron, Akwa Ibom.
- January 21: Herdsmen killed two in Aniocha North, Delta.
- January 22: Gunmen killed six and abducted two children in Maradun, Zamfara.
- January 22: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Bassa, Plateau.
- January 23: Pirates killed two police officers in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- January 23: Gunmen killed nine and abducted seven children in Ardo Kola, Adamawa.
- January 24: Boko Haram killed one in Bama, Borno.
- January 24: Gunmen killed four vigilantes in Kaiama, Kwara.
- January 24: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Bokkos, Plateau.
- January 25: Herdsmen killed eight in Bassa, Plateau.
- January 25: Nigerian gunmen attacked a border post in Ekok, Cameroon. There were no casualties.
- January 26: Herdsmen killed three in Bassa, Plateau
- January 26: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.