Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 30, to February 5, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 30: Boko Haram killed eighty-six in Maiduguri, Borno.
- January 30: Boko Haram landmines killed five members of the CJTF in Kaga, Borno.
- January 31: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of ten in Agatu, Benue.
- February 1: Nigerian troops killed one hundred Boko Haram insurgents in Dikwa, Borno.
- February 1: Boko Haram killed six in Kaga, Borno.
- February 2: Nigerian Air Force bombed a Boko Haram base in the Sambisa Forest in Gwoza, Borno. No casualty figures have been reported.
- February 2: Two suicide bombers were intercepted in Maiduguri, Borno, causing them to detonate early and kill only themselves.
- February 5: Pipeline vandals killed five JTF operatives in Obafemi Owode, Ogun.