Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from to January 9, to January 15, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 10: Electoral violence led to the deaths of six in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa.
- January 10: Boko Haram killed seven in Madagali, Adamawa.
- January 13: A suicide bomber killed himself and twelve others in Kouyape, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- January 15: Militants blew up pipelines in Warri South West, Delta. There were no casualties but MEND is suspected.
- January 15: Nigerian troops killed seventeen Boko Haram fighters in Gujba, Yobe.
- January 15: Electoral violence in Bida, Niger led to the deaths of five.