Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 21 to July 27, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, July 19: Boko Haram killed eighteen in Daboua, Chad.)
- July 21: Nigerian troops killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants and lost eight soldiers in Tarmuwa, Yobe.
- July 22: Gunmen killed four in Kaduna South, Kaduna.
- July 23: A suicide bomber killed himself and eight others at a mosque in Konduga, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- July 23: Bandits killed three police officers in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- July 24: Bandits invaded a mosque and killed four in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- July 24: Boko Haram killed seven soldiers in Damboa, Borno.
- July 24: Kidnappers abducted a priest and a minister in Adavi, Kogi.
- July 25: Gunmen killed three police officers in Obio/Akpor, Rivers.
- July 26: Boko Haram killed two soldiers and two police officers in Kaga, Borno but were ultimately repelled by Nigerian troops who killed "some" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants.
- July 27: Gunmen killed an APC chairman in Ideato North, Imo.