Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 23, 2016 to July 29, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 16: Nigerian troops killed eleven cattle rustlers in Maru, Zamfara.
- July 16: A Lagos monarch was kidnapped in Lagos State, Lagos.
- July 24: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Konduga, Borno.
- July 25: Fulani herdsmen killed fourteen in Logo, Benue.
- July 26: Unknown gunmen killed six police officers in Alimosho, Lagos.
- July 28: Nigerian troops killed nineteen Boko Haram militants in Obafemi Owode, Ogun.
- July 28: Boko Haram ambushed a UN convoy in Maiduguri, Borno. There were no casualties.
- July 29: Policemen killed two civilians in Nasarawa, Nasarawa.
- July 29: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.