Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 5 to July 11, 2014. These incidents are also available here, and are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 4: Boko Haram stormed a military base and a police station in Damboa, Borno while troops were out on patrol. 53 insurgents died along with 12 soldiers, 4 police, and 4 civilians.
- July 6: Soldiers ambushed the house of a Boko Haram kingpin in Kaduna, killing him and his brother.
- July 6: Unknown gunmen opened fire on a mosque in Jos during prayers, injuring 3.
- July 6: Soldiers killed 44 members of Boko Haram in two incidents in Marte, Borno. 6 soldiers were also killed and 7 civilians, including 1 vigilante.
- July 9: Boko Haram ambushed soldiers as they tried to take back Damboa, killing 15 of them.