Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 11, 2016 to June 18, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 12: Nigerian soldiers killed eight cultists in Emuoha, Rivers.
- June 12: Nigerian soldiers repelled a Boko Haram attack in Gwoza, Borno, killing six insurgents.
- June 14: Boko Haram killed four and abducted four in Damboa, Borno.
- June 15: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- June 15: Cultists killed eleven and kidnapped two in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.
- June 16: Niger Delta militants blew up a pipeline in Oruk Anam, Akwa Ibom.
- June 16: Boko Haram killed twenty-four in Madagali, Adamawa.
- June 16: Boko Haram killed seven Nigerien police in Diffa, Niger.
- June 17: Members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) killed two would-be suicide bombers in Maiduguri, Borno.