Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 18, 2016 to June 24, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 18: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of twenty in Logo, Benue.
- June 18: Boko Haram killed two in Kala/Balge, Borno.
- June 20: Fulani herdsmen killed eight in Logo, Benue.
- June 22: Fulani herdsmen killed nine in Logo, Benue.
- June 22: Fulani herdsmen killed four in Ukum, Benue.
- June 22: A group of Niger Delta militants calling themselves ’Red Scorpion’ blew up a Shell pipeline in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- June 23: Gunmen killed one and kidnapped seven in Calabar, Cross River.
- June 23: Nigerian soldiers and police engaged in a gunfight in Maiduguri, Borno over rice. There were no casualties.
- June 24: Niger Delta militants killed fifty in Ikorodu, Lagos (in towns crossing the Lagos/Ogun border).