Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 28 to July 4, 2014. These incidents are also available here, and are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 28: Gunmen killed thirteen Fulani herdsmen in Taraba state.
- June 28: Fulani herdsmen killed forty-three people in two attacks in Sanga, Kaduna state.
- June 29: Boko Haram attacked several villages in Chibok, Borno state, killing fifty-six.
- July1: In Maiduguri, Borno State, a suicide bomber in a van carrying charcoal killed fifty-six people, including seventeen members of the Civilian JTF. The attack was blamed on Boko Haram.
- July 4: Dressed as soldiers, Boko Haram intercepted vehicles in Borno state before opening fire, killing fifteen people.
- July 4: A Boko Haram suicide bombing in Konduga, Borno state killed seven people, including the two bombers.