Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from March 11 to March 17 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- March 18: Three suicide bombers killed themselves and four others in Jere, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- March 18: Seven Boko Haram insurgents and two Cameroonian soldiers died in a clash in Soueram, Cameroon.
- March 20: Unknown gunmen killed fifty-two in Ukum, Benue.
- March 20: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Baruten, Kwara.
- March 22: Five suicide bombers killed themselves and four others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- March 23: Nigerian troops killed a "number" (estimated at ten) of Boko Haram militants in Konduga, Borno.
- March 23: A policeman killed one and shot three others in Isiala Mbano, Imo.