Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from March 19, to March 25, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- March 19: Electoral violence resulted in seven deaths in the Eleme, Asari-Toru, Tai, and Obio/Akpor LGAs of Rivers state.
- March 20: Nigerian troops killed nineteen Boko Haram insurgents in Konduga, Borno.
- March 20: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram insurgents in Kukawa, Borno.
- March 23: Boko Haram kidnapped sixteen women and girls in Madagali, Adamawa.
- March 23: Nigerian troops killed fifty-eight Boko Haram insurgents and lost one of their own in Kaga, Borno.
- March 23: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram insurgents in Mafa, Borno.
- March 25: One female suicide bomber killed herself and a second suicide bomber was killed in Maiduguri, Borno.
- March 25: Boko Haram killed five in Damboa, Borno.