Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from March 24 to March 30, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, March 23: Boko Haram killed five in Diffa, Niger.)
- March 24: Sectarian violence led to one death in Makurdi, Benue.
- March 25: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Guma, Benu
- March 25: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Agatu, Benu
- March 25: Boko Haram attacked a town in Konduga, Borno but soldiers responded, killing one Boko Haram militant.
- March 28: Bandits killed thirty-six in Anka, Zamfara.
- March 29: Suspected herdsmen killed six in Jema'a, Kaduna.
- March 30: Four suicide bombers killed themselves and one other in Maiduguri, Borno.
- March 30: Nigerian troops killed four Boko Haram militants in Damboa, Borno.