Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from March 5, to March 11, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- March 5: Nigerian soldiers killed five Boko Haram insurgents in Biu, Borno.
- March 5: Gunmen beheaded an APC chieftain and killed two other members of his family in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.
- March 7: Political violence in Asari-Toru, Rivers led to one death.
- March 8: Nigerian troops repelled a Boko Haram attack in Gwoza, Borno, killing eighteen insurgents.
- March 8: Fulani herdsmen killed eight in Logo, Benue.
- March 10: A suicide bomber killed themself in Gujba, Yobe.
- March 10: Sectarian violence let to the deaths of six in Tarka, Benue.
- March 11: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of two in Logo, Benue.