Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 14 to May 20, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 14: Bandits killed one and abducted twenty in Chikun, Kaduna.
- May 14: Bandits killed seven and abducted a traditional ruler in Takai, Kano.
- May 14: Gunmen killed one police officer and four others in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- May 14: Troops killed the Boko Haram/Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) occupants of three vehicles (estimated at fifteen militants total) in Konduga, Borno.
- May 15: Gunmen killed a People’s Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain in a suspected assassination in Oruk-Anam, Akwa Ibom.
- May 15: Gunmen killed one police officer in Aguata, Anambra.
- May 15: Gunmen killed two soldiers in Onitsha, Anambra.
- May 16: Nigerian troops killed six Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members in Orlu, Imo.
- May 16: Police officers killed two gunmen in Orumba South, Anambra.
- May 16: Kidnappers abducted four students in Jema'a, Kaduna.
- May 17: Bandits abducted thirty in Kachia, Kaduna.
- May 17: Gunmen killed four in Ikwo, Ebonyi.
- May 17: Suspected IPOB members killed one police officer and one other in Oshimili South, Delta.
- May 17: Police officers killed six bandits in Matazu, Katsina.
- May 17: Suspected herdsmen killed one and kidnapped "others" (estimated at ten) in Isuikwua, Abia.
- May 17: Police officers killed three kidnappers in Fufore, Adamawa.
- May 17: Communal violence led to two deaths in Orelope, Oyo.
- May 18: Four were killed during violence at a market in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
- May 18: Nigerian troops killed a kidnapper kingpin in Etim Ekpo, Akwa Ibom.
- May 18: Kidnappers abducted seven in Abaji, FCT.
- May 18: IPOB killed one in Oshimili North, Delta.
- April 28 - May 19: Nigerian troops killed forty-two Boko Haram/ISWA militants (eighteen recorded; twenty-four already accounted for) in and around Konduga, Borno.
- May 20: Herdsmen killed five in Guma, Benue.
- May 20: Kidnappers killed one police officer and kidnapped a local government chairman in Akwanga, Nassarawa.
- May 20: Nigerian troops killed 2 IPOB militants in Orlu, Imo.